1. INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY
We may use server log analysis tools to gather statistics regarding our Website’s usage, such as the number of hits received, our most/least visited pages, errors experienced by users, browsers and platforms used to connect to our Website, your IP address and internet service provider (ISP), the date and time you visited the Website, the web pages you visited and the websites you visited before or after you visited our Website.
This information may be collected via a number of technologies, including cookies, web beacons, clear GIFs and other means. You can remove cookies by following the directions in your Internet browser’s “help” file. The foregoing information belongs to us and is used to improve the content and/or layout of our Website. We may release this information in the aggregate, for example, by sharing it with our owners, partners or authorized service providers, or by publishing a report on the usage of the Website.
2. INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
We may collect, store and use any personal and non-personal information you volunteer. Personal information is information that identifies or describes you, including but not limited to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address. You may also provide demographic information, such your age, gender, language spoken, and information about your physical challenges. You may also provide financial information, such as your credit card type, number and expiration date. The information you provide on the Website is maintained by us or by service providers on our behalf.
We may use the information you provide to deliver the services you have requested, for example:
- if you submit information on a physical challenge you face and/or a proposed solution to the challenge, we may use it to evaluate whether or not we think we can develop a solution to your challenge through engineering and/or technology, and if we think we can, then we may use the information in developing such a solution.
- if you supply us with your e-mail address, we may use it to respond to messages you send us, and we may send you our e-newsletters and information on events.
- if you purchase a product or other service, we may use the credit card information you provide to bill you for the product or service you have requested.
We may also use the information you provide to operate and maintain this Website and to improve our content, services and communications with you.
If you are visiting our Website from a country outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that in using this Website, you will transfer personal information about yourself to the United States, that the data protection laws of the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your own country and that the transfer of this personal information occurs with your consent.
3. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES OF INFORMATION YOU VOLUNTEER
We may disclose the personally identifiable information you volunteer in a variety of ways, including but not limited to the following:
- We may share the personally identifiable information you volunteer with our owners, agents, sponsors, partners, collaborators and/or licensors, in the course of assessing the challenge you face and possible solutions to it.
- We may share it with our subsidiaries or affiliates and with third parties whom we engage to provide services on our behalf, for example, those who support our Website functionality, or who process credit card transactions for us;
- We may disclose it to third parties to enable them to send you communications regarding products and services that may be of interest to you. If we do this, we will give you the option to “opt out” of this use of your information.
- We may disclose it to a successor organization in the event LifeBeyondBarriers, LLC is involved in a transaction such as a merger, stock purchase or sale of all or substantially all of our assets;
- We may disclose it in response to a subpoena or court order, or in response to a request from a law enforcement or other government agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights or to defend against claims;
- We reserve the right to transfer all personally identifiable information in our possession to a successor organization in the event of a merger, acquisition or bankruptcy, or a sale of all or a part of our assets;
We may use the e-mail address you provide to send you messages about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. We may also provide your e-mail address to third parties so that they can contact you directly about additional products and services. At any time, you can “opt out” of receiving promotional e-mail messages from us, or having your e-mail address provided to third parties, by contacting us at the address below. It may take us ten (10) days to process your request. Even after opting out, you may continue to receive e-mail from third parties to whom your address was provided before you opted out. You will be responsible for contacting such third parties directly, to request that they stop sending you promotional e-mail.
We may send you messages regarding your use of this Website, the purchase by you of goods or services from us, or other transactional or relationship messages, without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them.
This Website is intended for adults. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen.
We follow generally accepted security procedures and practices to protect the personal information you provide from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification and disclosure; and we require that our authorized service providers that have access to your personal information implement and maintain such security procedures and practices as well. Nevertheless, Internet transmissions are never completely private or secure. You understand that any messages or information you send to our Website may be read or intercepted by others. If you have any questions about the security of personally identifiable information collected by LifeBeyondBarriers, LLC, please contact us at the e-mail address shown below.
7. RETENTION OF YOUR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
The personally identifiable information that you provide will be stored and maintained by LifeBeyondBarriers, LLC for so long as we, in our sole discretion, believe is necessary or appropriate (a) to carry out the purpose(s) for which such information was collected, or (b) to comply with applicable laws, contracts, or other rules or regulations.
8. ACCESS AND ACCURACY
If you have registered with our Website, you may update and correct the personally identifiable information maintained by LifeBeyondBarriers, LLC by logging into the Website and entering any new information about yourself. We reserve the right to deny access to your personally identifiable information (a) when such denial of access is required by law, (b) when granting you access is reasonably likely to negatively impact other people’s privacy, (c) to protect our rights and property, and (d) when such requests are frivolous or made in bad faith.
9. EFFECTIVE DATE; HOW TO CONTACT US
Blake A. Mathie
400 Renaissance Center, Suite 2900
Detroit, MI 48243
Phone: (313) 748-7534
Fax: (313) 259-9901